My uncle passed away so we spent Friday and Saturday with family for the memorial and scattering of the ashes. Funerals are always bitter sweet occasions since you do get to see family that perhaps you don't get to see often, though the reason for gathering isn't a happy occasion. At least I can rejoice in that my uncle knew the Lord, and I know he is in a much better place now.
On Saturday, we went to see Shawn's parents, and Derald did have a house related project. My father-in-law, bless him, had in mind to build a set of steps to get from the dirt in the garage up to the house. He probably almost broke his neck going up the folding step ladder I have there now, so it might be in self-interest that he decided to do this for us. Either way, it will be nice to have some steps! So he and Shawn built them last weekend, and he will be bringing them down this weekend. We're all going to an arena football game on Saturday with Shawn's brother Brian and family.
I forgot to take pictures of the steps, but I'll get some for next week.
Now that the ground is thawing, it seems to dry much faster after a rain. We're sort-of dragging our feet since there's too much to do and we have no idea where to start. So I think this weekend we're just going to start doing something to get going. Usually once we get started, it is easier to keep going as things begin to line up. So, first thing we'll do is foam up the joint between the wood framing and the icf basement. Also, we are going to start, tonight, on designing the outdoor lighting so we can locate electrical boxes and what-not.
Here's Bandit inspecting the peeping box. He sniffed vigorously wondering if this time he'd get a taste of chicken.
Aren't they cute?
Yeap... I hear my husband go "What?" as he's sitting next to me right now.
I know... I know... but Chickens and Construction are two separate things and some may not be interested in my Chicken endeavors, while others might rather see what a Chicken is up to rather than this construction nonsense, non?
So, check out vadgo.blogspot.com if you're interested.
Back to construction. I will take pictures of our nice stockpile of siding, and we should have some pictures of some actual work next week!
Nice Kitty.
ReplyDeleteMmmmh. Yum.. I see a chicken soup in your future.
ReplyDelete