Never got around to getting the pictures that I wanted to take, so not much to update.
Shawn did get to work on the skid loader on Wednesday night. He broke up the slab from the old small garage that we tore down in May, and dumped the concrete in the ravine to help control erosion there. Then it rained. It rained all day thursday, and the rental company said that they couldn't let us keep the skid loader for the weekend, so Shawn worked in the rain to move the big concrete pile that was by the barn. He also moved the big ol roots he had dug with the excavator, and did a few miscellaneous things. Since it was an open cab, he got soaked. I don't know how he can stand working soaking wet in the cold, but he did it anyway.
The soil was too wet to try and do anything around the house on Friday evening. Saturday, Shawn spent the day with Evan while I went shopping with my mum. The Saturday evening, Evan had an invitation to a neighbors trick or treating party, so we had some fun.
Sunday, Shawn worked on taking the mowing deck off the lawn tractor, and get it ready for the snow blower. He wanted to do that now while it is still decent, instead of waiting until it's too cold.
The he took the lawn tractor around with the trailer and moved his "shop" for doing soffit work into the garage, though it was still pretty muddy and got the mower stuck somewhere out there.
This weekend, he will help his grandma move into a new apartment, so no construction progress will be made.
The electrician did say that if it stays dry, they will do the outside work this week, and finish installing the inside panel on Monday. We'll see what happens between now and next Wednesday.
Oh, by the way... maybe you wondered what the heck was wrong with me that I kept saying I didn't feel good sometimes to help Shawn around the house construction. Shawn and I are expecting a baby girl, and we hadn't said anything to friends and co-workers until about a month ago. So the cat's out of the bag now. We're due in January, and can't wait to meet the newest member of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment