Friday, August 27, 2010

Still working...

Here are a few pictures that I am missing from previous posts.

The smaller panel on the left is the new second panel for our second service that will handle the HVAC. It has its own meter box at the pole so that we can receive the discounted rate for having electric heat during the winter, and A/C during the summer. We will also be running the ventilation system from this panel.

A couple of weekends ago we ran all of the data wiring for telephone/internet/cable. These are the orange boxes that we got for low voltage wiring. They are basically more for a “professional” look since they are not really necessary. But I insisted that we do it right anyway.
You can see Bianca sleeping on the job in the background. Seems like the sound of pounding hammers and drilling puts her to sleep.

We decided to make the closet under the stairs our media place where hopefully all of the electronics for the house will be stored (music, networking, home theatre stuff, etc).


So this picture shows all of the wiring coming in.
And this is just for the basement, and when I took this picture we were not done, so there are about double that or maybe even triple of that quantity of wire. Still need all of the wiring for upstairs, but not going to run those at this time. I would love to have a whole house audio system, but not in the budget right now. Since we do not plan to finish the basement ceiling, I am hoping that someday in the future we can fish the wire for that. We probably should look into running at least speaker wire to the family room where we would like the surround sound. I better add that to the list of things to look into before drywall.

And look at this: we have now a dryer vent! Yay! I really like how it is not very big and does not really stick out like a sore thumb (at least not any more than the two disconnects nearby). Shawn had to drill about 13 I-joists to get the duct out, so it was a bit labor intensive. You can see in this picture that he had to go over at an angle to avoid one of the A/C ducts, and so he would not come out of the wall too close to the electrical boxes. You can also see in this picture the temp lights that the electrician installed for us to have light. These will stay on until after drywall.

I’d like to build some stands to raise our front load washer and dryer up a bit from the floor. Once we figure out at what height we want the box, Shawn can finish the dyer duct so that the elbow comes out of the wall at the right height.

Shawn also mounted the box for the bathroom fan/light and ran the duct for the exhaust to the outside.





This is what the vent looks like out the back.
The materials arrived for the water lines this week, so Shawn has begun to pull the water lines to the bathroom. He got two of the cold water lines to the bathroom, and hopefully tomorrow I can help him do more. The pex pipe that we’re using is a bit hard to pull through bends and such, since you pull it almost like electrical wire, in one long continuous pipe from the mechanical room all the way to the fixture. So we’ll see how much we can accomplish this weekend. Our friends from our small group have offered to help with babysitting, so we’ll see if we can find someone to watch the pikes in the morning.
The electrician wasn’t able to come to our house this week, but he hopes to be finished next week. If all goes well, we are also hoping to be done running the water lines by next weekend. I’ll have to post pictures of the pex pipes. Maybe we will be able to fill up the radiant system and do a test run and see how things work.
That’s it for now.

I'll leave you with a picture of Bianca in her walker in the new house, already invading Evan's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment