Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The work goes on

They didn't finish the roof yesterday, so I think they will shoot to get it done today since the roofer is coming tomorrow. Here's a picture of the front of the house to show the progress.
The entrance doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, so we decided to leave it as is.

I think that by friday, the construction will come to a halt.

Then we have to prepare for Phase II. It will probably be a safe bet to say that we won't start working on finishing the basement until later this spring. We'll probably work on cleaning the site and doing some planning on electrical and plumbing design before we get started.

Once the ground thaws, we'll have to get the garage and driveway poured. We probably should also get the gutters installed before it really starts raining to keep water from going to the foundation. And we do need to put siding soon. The longest we should leave the tyvek exposed is 4 months. So that will be on the to do list as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment