So yesterday, I worked on getting the part with weird angle corners done, while Shawn worked on ripping the lumber for our window bucks with a circular saw. The 2x12 work went ok, but once he switched to the 2x6, they were too narrow to keep stable. After ruining 3 boards, we decided that we needed a table saw. So after dinner we zipped to lowes to get my early Birthday and Christmas present! (My father in law can teach me how not to cut my fingers off while I work on some crafts.)
Unfortunately, when we opened the box, we found the base was cracked.
Today, we worked on finishing the second row of block while Evan napped.

Shawn went up to the roof of the house and took this picture. You can see the two rows of block coming up neatly. I'm in the Orange Crush with a delivery of blocks to finish a few gaps. The next picture you can see the wall better.

The only opening into the basement now is the opening for the double sliding door in the walk out that you can see by the back of the pick up.
Once Evan woke up from his nap, I took him to lowes to exchange the table saw, while Shawn continued to work on the basement.
At the end of today, we only had one small gap to finish up, and one corner with the odd angles to finish up.
Shawn will be taking vacation this week, and I will take some time off to help as well. We hope that we can have it done by the first week in October, so they can pour, and the framer can get going.
No comments:
Post a Comment